[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 03:57:39 UTC 2015

On 2/02/2015 2:33 PM, David Bannon wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 12:24 +1100, Warin wrote:
>> I've edited the wiki page on camp sites
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site  to include
>> links to the tags for fee, shower, laundry, firepit and water tap.
> OK, if thats how its done, I have added toilets.
>
> But seems you are restructuring things as I do so.  Not sure I like the
> separate table you just added, it needs a second column describing when
> a mapper should consider using the listed tag, too slow to browse off to
> each page when looking up something.

I think the second table is better as it contains things that
should/could be separate nodes/areas, where as the first table is for
sub tags of the key 'campsite'.It also makes it easier for other s to
clearly see the major addition.

> For example, water. At present you have drinking_water= in the first
> table, for consistency, it probably should be in the second table and
> listed with amenity=water_point and amenity=drinking_water, possibly
> amenity=watering_place and man_made=water_tap!  Clearly need an
> explanation of why all these in a camping context....
>
> So, if you have no objections, I'll add a second column ...

Feel free! I was too lazy to add the second column! At least at this
stage. Also needs electrical power places, sewage dump points .. more as
I think of them .. I'm making a list for later look up. And my 'should
be mapped' needs to change to 'could be mapped' on the page .. less
assertive, more encouragement?