[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:11:21 UTC 2015

On 3/02/2015 8:46 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> On 2 February 2015 at 05:56, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not found an OSM sewer dump point key.
> Lots of United Kingdom canals have these. See also:
>
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Pumpout
>
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Sanitary_Station
>
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:seamark:small_craft_facility:category%3Dpump-out
>
> The former pair both suggest "Obsoleted by Tag:amenity=waste_disposal,
> waste=excrement":
>
>     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:waste

Looks likeTag:amenity=waste_disposal should be the correct tag to use.
Unfortunately the main wiki page suggests it is for solid waste only ..
and it needs a rewrite .. and it limits its use to caravans and boats
!!!! Needs a rewrite to be more open and to include sewage! And I'd
think its key:waste could be moved to the main page to simplify and ease
its use. I'll start another thread.