[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Feb 3 08:51:05 UTC 2015

On Feb 1, 2015, at 5:24 PM, Warin wrote:

> On 2/02/2015 10:22 AM, Tod Fitch wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2015, at 2:50 PM, David Bannon wrote:
>> I would like to have some of the items on Extend_camp_site page brought onto the main camp_site page. Specifically the site/pitch specific tags at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches
>>
>> While they are not widely used, I see a fairly big geographical distribution which implies that they might be understood and universal enough to warrant better mention.
>>
>> And, of course, I used them myself when mapping a couple of U.S. Forest Service campgrounds. :)
>>
>> -Tod
>>

> I've edited the wiki page on camp sites https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site  to include links to the tags for fee, shower, laundry, firepit and water tap. Tod you could do the same for your desired additional tags? Any complaints to me.. or just edit the page yourself?

I just set out to edit the page per your suggestion with the thought I could just block copy the site/pitch specific stuff from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches to below your changes at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site#Additional_Features and immediately ran into a conceptual (on my part) road block.

I think that some of the tags I would like to copy over might be conflict with yours. For example, "Power connection point. May be connected to a caravan" (may conflict with "camp_site:electric=yes/no").

Shall I go ahead and attempt a merge of concepts based on my prejudices? How would you like to approach this?