[Tagging] How to tag a cistern?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Feb 3 09:05:53 UTC 2015

On Feb 2, 2015 3:11 PM, "Clifford Snow" <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:54 PM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com>
wrote:

>> Once again, we are divided by a common language. In American usage, a
cistern is a holding tank for captured rain water, used as an alternative
to a well in areas where no city water supply is available. They often take
the form of an underground pit with a waterproof lining.

> I've also seen them on the coast of Alaska in above ground tanks to catch
rain water.

Above ground is common in the midwest for various reasons (freezing,
contamination, maintenance, excavation of solid rock) that often arise.