[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:08:10 UTC 2015

On 3/02/2015 7:51 PM, Tod Fitch wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2015, at 5:24 PM, Warin wrote:
>
>> On 2/02/2015 10:22 AM, Tod Fitch wrote:
>>> On Feb 1, 2015, at 2:50 PM, David Bannon wrote:
>>> I would like to have some of the items on Extend_camp_site page brought onto the main camp_site page. Specifically the site/pitch specific tags at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches
>>>

>>> -Tod
>>>
>> I've edited the wiki page on camp sites https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site  to include links to the tags for fee, shower, laundry, firepit and water tap. Tod you could do the same for your desired additional tags? Any complaints to me.. or just edit the page yourself?
>>

> I just set out to edit the page per your suggestion with the thought I could just block copy the site/pitch specific stuff from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches to below your changes at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site#Additional_Features and immediately ran into a conceptual (on my part) road block.
>
> I think that some of the tags I would like to copy over might be conflict with yours. For example, "Power connection point. May be connected to a caravan" (may conflict with "camp_site:electric=yes/no").
>
> Shall I go ahead and attempt a merge of concepts based on my prejudices? How would you like to approach this?

The tags I (and others) have added are all existing tags ... if they are
a close match to 'yours' then I'd look closely at the existing tags and
see if they are close enough or need some alteration for 'our'
purposes?  Are 'your' tags currently in use?I'd avoid any conflict with
existing tags ..I like 'your' tags on number of tents etc. Perhaps
campsite:tents=yes/no/number to restrict the tag to campsites? Yes,
there would be duplication with caravan sites.