[Tagging] Access restrictions for shoulder lanes?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Feb 3 19:41:12 UTC 2015

I forgot about this case, too, even though it's increasingly common in the
US (ostensibly to help cyclists get out of the door zone and feel more
comfortable cycling, but inevitably this arrangement causes an inescapable
curbside door zone, pedestrians not looking to cross a lane of traffic
between the parking and the curb, people leaving cars in the bicycle lane,
people leaving garbage bins in the bicycle lane, and really everything else
you can imagine going wrong with half-assing the dutch model...