[Tagging] Wiki on amenity=waste_disposal Rewrite?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 21:23:45 UTC 2015

On 4/02/2015 8:59 PM, David Bannon wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 12:58 +0700, Dave Swarthout wrote:
>> Well, dump_point might be a workable compromise and it plays well with
> Dave, are we still looking for a name for a new tag when it seems we can
> work with whats already there ?
>
> tourism=camp_site
> amenity=waste_disposal
> waste=chemical_toilet
>
> I agree its wordier than it need be but those tags exist and we don't
> need to go through an approval process.
>
> David

amenity=waste_disposal   does not need to be associated with campsite,
it can be .. but can stand alone.

The 'amenity=waste_disposal does not look to have been through an
aproval process ... nor does any tag. The 'approval process' is
voluntary .. I like to use it as it gets more views other than mine and
hopefully gets a better concesus and results in a better tag.

According to tag info the following tags are in use for waste=

trash <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=trash>

4‚ÄČ382
83.82%

-

household <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=household>

128
2.45%

-

excrement <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=excrement>

101
1.93%

-

dog_excrement <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=dog_excrement>

96
1.84%

-

chemical_toilet
<http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=chemical_toilet>

86
1.64%

-

dog <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=dog>

63
1.21%

-

grey_water <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=grey_water>

57
1.09%

-

litter <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=litter>

42
0.80%

-

recycling <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=recycling>

31
0.59%

-

excrements <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=excrements>

30
0.57%

-

glas;paper;packaging;trash
<http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=glas%3Bpaper%3Bpackaging%3Btrash>

26
0.50%

-

cigarettes <http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/waste=cigarettes>

None of them are documented - therefore they are not defined within OSM.
Any other tag is unused and could be changed if you think that would of
benefit.

So you/'we'/OSM are not stuck with waste=chemical_toilet .... at least
at the moment.

Do note that waste= is used under amenity=waste_basket as well as
amenity=waste_disposal.