[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 22:42:06 UTC 2015

On 7/02/2015 9:15 PM, Andreas Goss wrote:
>> Amenity is the best fit for this tag.
>
> I disagree. (Usually that just means "I didn't find anything better")
> As this tag is always going to be used within another entity

Always is such a large word. What about a hut that is used only for
reception? Such as a campsite reception hut?

> I think we should rather look towards something like indoor tagging or
> other subtags.

Such as? Suggest some tag that could be used.. the suggested tag does
not have to exist yet .. but some idea of what is to be used instead?
Note that tap can be used indoors, as can shower, toilet.. and so on.

> In addition using amenity for reception desk would for example prevent
> you from placing it on the node of the amenity and use one node for both.

If there is one node then there would be no need to mark the reception
desk location.. the need for this tag is to show where the reception
desk is in some large feature ...