[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 23:20:10 UTC 2015

On 8/02/2015 3:41 AM, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
>>> Amenity is the best fit for this tag.
>>
>> I disagree. (Usually that just means "I didn't find anything better")
> +1
> "Amenity" is very vague in general (), and a lot of things can be
> marked as such. So I'd prefer to use it only when it's an obvious
> choice or there is nothing better.
> What about using "office"?

An office - such as office=government may well have a reception desk. If
you mark both you will have an office inside an office unless you do an
internal multipollygon .. lot of work for what maybe a single node to
mark the location of a reception desk?

> I was also surprised to discover that there was not key for "booth" in
> OSM. (And of course all currently available booths ended in "amenity"
> :) ) Shall we maybe introduce it?
>

> Cheers,
> Kotya

The only 'booth' I can think of to map would be an 'information booth'
.. and that already exists .. twice over !

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:information
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/information