[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

johnw johnw at mac.com
Sun Feb 8 01:24:45 UTC 2015

Maybe there is a need for something like… a tag for office=* which may cover the different public or employee facing building types

where the common facilities you would find in each category would be taggable, so you can tag a point or a building as certain types of facilities.

office=human_resources
office=reception (no desk, because it could be a desk, building, hut, area)
office=records
office=break_area
office=changing_room

I’m having difficulty about what “sections” or office_centric amenities could exist outside of existing general amenities, so maybe this is a crap idea - but it would the the alternative would to be to put it into amenity, or ignore the “commercial” reception desks (which is a big mistake, I think) and make  hospitality=* key (for hotels, camps, etc), but I think it would be similarly difficult to fill out a that tag either, as it would be full of general amenities (gym, laundry, restaurant,)  hospitality=item_check is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

so maybe amenity=reception(_desk) is the best idea.

Javbw