[Tagging] Wiki on amenity=waste_disposal Rewrite?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 23:57:35 UTC 2015

On 5/02/2015 12:04 PM, Dave Swarthout wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:10 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>     You mean a one step? Like highway= x ?
>
>     To do that I'd think a new supper key   waste=   at the top level!
>     And maybe that is what it needs! If there are enough different
>     kinds then why not?
>     waste=rubbish_bin
>     waste=skip_bin
>     waste=dump_point
>     waste=chemical_toilet
>     waste=dog_excrement
>     waste=sharps
>     waste=cigarettes
>     waste=excrement
>

> This new top level tag might make the approval process easier too.
> Standing alone as it would, it nicely separates garbage and trash, or
> recyclables, from sewage and doesn't require any other potentially
> lengthy approvals for new subkeys.
>
> --
> Dave Swarthout
> Homer, Alaska
> Chiang Mai, Thailand

Well we'll never know unless 'we' ask the question .. and it will never
be 'proved' unless it is voted on .. so I'm working on a 'rubbish
proposal' !! :-P

Draft ... https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rubbish

The 'lengthy approval process' .. can be 2 weeks - comments .. 2 weeks
voting, Thus a month ...  if its gets good support.