[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reception Desk

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Sun Feb 8 10:33:19 UTC 2015

>> As
>> >this tag is always going to be used within another entity I think we should
>> >rather look towards something like indoor tagging or other subtags. In
>> >addition using amenity for reception desk would for example prevent you from
>> >placing it on the node of the amenity and use one node for both.
> Not to defend the amenity key, but I wonder if there is a need to tag
> the reception if the whole object (including the reception) deserves
> just a single node.

Well, you could have an amenity inside a very large bulding where you
have multiple entrances. Then you could use the amenity node to indicate
that it's actually placed at a certain spot, because the reception is
there. In addition it makes it clear to which amenity the reception desk
belongs, as a different amenity in the same building could have the
reception desk at the other side of the bulding.