[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 9 02:59:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 09:15 +1100, Warin wrote:
> A proposal for a new high level tag of .. Rubbish :-)

Sigh ... .

OK, its a good solution but before I'd vote for it, I'd like someone to
explain a few things to me -

Firstly, how is rubbish= a better solution than the slight redefinition
of waste= ??  I mean declare waste= to be that higher level key, no
longer requiring amenity=waste_disposal. There are already 5K uses, I'd
be very surprised if any of those uses would be broken by the
redefinition.

Secondly, if we approve rubbish=, do we then mark the waste= approach as
obsolete, less preferred or whatever ?  Having two ways of tagging the
same thing is bad IMHO.

Thirdly, dare I say this, will someone argue rubbish= indicates that
there is rubbish there, on that spot ?  preferable to say
rubbish_disposal or something similar.

I do believe we need a high level key for rubbish, trash, waste whatever

Hmm, rubbish_receptacle perhaps ? And definitely not
rubbish_receptacle_desk !!

(sorry)

David