[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - traffic_signals (Lukas Schaus)

Lukas Sommer sommerluk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:29:13 UTC 2015

I would strongly recommend to not use type=traffic_signals because we
have already a tag highway=traffic_signals. This would cause
confusion. Furthermore, type=traffic_signals does not describe well
what your prososal wants to do. With your relation, you don’t want to
represent traffic signals but you want to represent traffic signal
phases. Something like type=traffic_signals_phase would IMHO be
appropriate.

> Am 09.02.2015 um 15:35 schrieb Lukas Schaus:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My proposal concerning the modelling of traffic signals is now open
>> for voting.
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Traffic_Signals#Voting
>
> You did not comment on my question about micromapping a junction and
> adding a highway=traffic_signal at the pedestrian crossing or the stop
> line for each direction separately. Have a look at the examples below
> [1],[2].
>
> For complete direction separated junctions like [3] we probable will not
> even need any relation.
>
> Please, consider this tagging style and show me how this will work
> together with your proposal.
>
> Altogether, I am not sure if this relation is needed at all but for sure
> not at the current base.
>
> Still would prefer simple tags on the nodes if possible.
>
> cu fly
>

> [1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/48.10739/7.85080
> [2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/48.06123/7.81258
> [3] https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/47.98530/7.82814