[Tagging] Tagging road illumination quality

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Feb 12 16:44:58 UTC 2015

Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> writes:

> Went out last night .. light level pointing up to street light was 0.0
> lux... so less than 0.1 lux. Meaning I could not measure it this
> way. I'll think about it. A talk to an expert might be worth while?

That doesn't make sense.   I would expect several lux at least.
Try to measure the full moon.   If you live in the city you will think
1.0 lux is pretty dim and hard to see.  If you live in the country you
will think it's entirely adequate.

It might be that smartphone light sensors don't really cope with low
levels.  Certainly real light meters do.