[Tagging] building=yes on nodes?

fly lowflight66 at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:12:11 UTC 2015

Am 14.02.2015 um 23:06 schrieb Tobias Knerr:
> On 14.02.2015 22:11, SomeoneElse wrote:
>> ... it also says that it shouldn't be used on relations, which would
>> exclude perfectly valid multipolygons, such as this one:
>
> Multipolygons are a means to map areas. So they are covered by the area
> icon.
>
> The relation icon stands for relations that are not areas,
> just as the way icon stands for ways that are not areas.

How about type=building ?

>> It appears that again people are trying to use the wiki to "tell other
>> people how to map" rather than "describe how things tend to be mapped".
>
> Nobody is telling anyone not to use multipolygons.

This is totally misleading as the type of the object is still a
relation. Once we introduce an area object we might cover closed ways
and multipolygones as one category. For now we depend on the object type
or e.g. editor software already need to implement the area type to offer
proper presets.

cu fly