[Tagging] building=yes on nodes?

Lukas Sommer sommerluk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:10:02 UTC 2015

I would like to return to the original question:

1.) I think it is confusing to have building=cowshed allowed on nodes,
but building=cabin not allowed. We should unify this. Either _all_
building=* keys can be used on nodes, or _none_.

2.) If we agree on 1.), would we opt to allow nodes or to disallow
nodes? After reading the previous comments, I would tend to allow it.

Best regards

Lukas

> Am 14.02.2015 um 23:06 schrieb Tobias Knerr:
>> On 14.02.2015 22:11, SomeoneElse wrote:
>>> ... it also says that it shouldn't be used on relations, which would
>>> exclude perfectly valid multipolygons, such as this one:
>>
>> Multipolygons are a means to map areas. So they are covered by the area
>> icon.
>>
>> The relation icon stands for relations that are not areas,
>> just as the way icon stands for ways that are not areas.
>
> How about type=building ?
>
>>> It appears that again people are trying to use the wiki to "tell other
>>> people how to map" rather than "describe how things tend to be mapped".
>>
>> Nobody is telling anyone not to use multipolygons.
>
> This is totally misleading as the type of the object is still a
> relation. Once we introduce an area object we might cover closed ways
> and multipolygones as one category. For now we depend on the object type
> or e.g. editor software already need to implement the area type to offer
> proper presets.
>
> cu fly

Lukas Sommer