[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:27:24 UTC 2015

On 17/02/2015 6:45 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 4:02 PM, David Bannon
> <dbannon at internode.on.net <mailto:dbannon at internode.on.net>> wrote:
> >
> > To summarise discussion, structures like -
> >
> > amenity=campsite
> > campsite=waste_disposal
> > waste=chemical_toilet
> >
> > is a bit clumsy given how many tags are needed and how often it _should_
> > be tagged. Further, many "sites" be they mining, camping, whatever are
> > large and identifying the particular node where the disposal point is is
> > of value.
> >
> > rubbish=chemical_toilet    is, perhaps ambiguous. Do we like
> > rubbish_disposal=      ????   waste_disposal= ???
> >
> > Lets see some hands please ?
>
> The mapping of "potability" for drinking water is in flux.
> However, toilet and drinking water tagging are well established already:
>
>     amenity=campsite
>     toilets=yes
>     toilets:disposal=pitlatrine
>     toilets:wheelchair=no
>     drinking_water=yes
>

> These are appropriate for a campsite marked as a node.  For a more
> detailed mapping the node can be expanded
> to an area, and each individual toilet and drinking water source mapped.
>
> For waste disposal I would suggest:
>
>     amenity=campsite
>     toilets=yes
>     toilets:disposal=pitlatrine
>     toilets:wheelchair=no
>     drinking_water=yes
>     *waste_disposal=yes
>     *recycling:gas_bottles=yes
>
> Anything more complicated, and perhaps it's time for separate nodes.

Waste colleting is wider than just camping sites. And that is the point
of consdering it as a new high level tag. The porposal may have come out
of consderation of camp sites .. but it has much wider use and so should
not be considered as just for camping sites.

Your suggested tag waste_disposal=yes .. would need further expansion ..
bin for 'household refuse'?, bin for recycling, human waste collection
point from a chemical toilet, etc, etc ...

---