[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Mon Feb 16 19:45:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 4:02 PM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> To summarise discussion, structures like -
>
> amenity=campsite
> campsite=waste_disposal
> waste=chemical_toilet
>
> is a bit clumsy given how many tags are needed and how often it _should_
> be tagged. Further, many "sites" be they mining, camping, whatever are
> large and identifying the particular node where the disposal point is is
> of value.
>
> rubbish=chemical_toilet    is, perhaps ambiguous. Do we like
> rubbish_disposal=      ????   waste_disposal= ???
>
> Lets see some hands please ?

The mapping of "potability" for drinking water is in flux.
However, toilet and drinking water tagging are well established already:

amenity=campsite
toilets=yes
toilets:disposal=pitlatrine
toilets:wheelchair=no
drinking_water=yes

These are appropriate for a campsite marked as a node.  For a more detailed
mapping the node can be expanded
to an area, and each individual toilet and drinking water source mapped.

For waste disposal I would suggest:

amenity=campsite
toilets=yes
toilets:disposal=pitlatrine
toilets:wheelchair=no
drinking_water=yes

*waste_disposal=yes*recycling:gas_bottles=yes

Anything more complicated, and perhaps it's time for separate nodes.