[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 03:39:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:

> While toilet & drinking water tagging is reasonably stable, there are
> several camping waste related tags that are not.
> For example: a commonly needed and commonly mapped feature is an RV dump
> station, for emptying
> sewage holding tanks.

@Bryce,

+1

That's what I've been saying all along. The term dump_station is widely
used in the U.S., even to the extent that official signs use the term
(without the underscore, of course). People in this discussion are
resisting it as a top level tag (amenity=dump_station) but it's one I think
is very appropriate. And much better than waste=chemical_toilet, which is
ambiguous (is the toilet the waste or its contents?)  I have a similar
objection to the term toilet:disposal=*

Neither phrase is in common use in the U.S.

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska