[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - power_supply=intermittent

Jan van Bekkum jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:09:34 UTC 2015

The proposal comes from experience while traveling through Africa.
Electricity failing three times per year probably isn't very valuable
information to campers. We ran into three situations I would like to cover:

   - The community supply is not reliable and fails at random moments
   - The camping operates a generator that runs between 19:00 and 23:00
   - The camping operates a system with solar cells and batteries. They
   allow you to use electricity (at least for larger devices like fridges)
   from an hour after sunrise to sunset. I think it is not that important to
   know that electricity comes from solar power, but it is important its
   availability limits as set by the camping operator, although it may mean
   that supply is worse in the rainy season

I agree that a structure that maintains power_supply=nema_5_15 is
preferable.

Trying to invent as few new tags as possible the updated proposal would
become:

   - power_supply=nema_5_15
   - power_supply:schedule= [...] - has syntax as defined for opening_hours

Or

   - power_supply=nema_5_15
   - power_supply:schedule= intermittent

Or do you feel that power_supply:intermittent=yes is better than
power_supply:schedule= intermittent?

Regards,

Jan van Bekkum