[Tagging] Change of rendering: place of worship and, terminal without building tag

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Feb 18 00:11:42 UTC 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 18, 2015, at 8:12 AM, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:

>> If the facility is a stand-alone facility whose primary purpose is not as a place to worship - but merely operated by a religious entity - such as a school, hospital, etc, then it is tagged as it currently is.
>
> I fail to see how some grass or parking lot around the church is the primarty purpose of worship, but then the school or kindergarden next to it where you actually pray etc. is not.
>
> That's really great. So according to the Wiki now the parking lot of the school and kindergarden is landuse=religious (because they are also used by the churchgoers), but they aren't. LOL.
>
> And if there is a amenity=school in the centre of a monastary I have to cut it out. Nice.

If it is a small facility on the grounds of a church, just tag the building.

If it is a stand-alone facility, then tag it as a school.

You wouldn't cut out a space in a shopping center and declare it landuse religious just because the spot is rented by a church.

And you wouldn't cut the parking lot off the mall when mapping the malls landuse - why would you cut off the church's??

Are we talking about the same OSM? I'm really confused.

Javbw