[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - key:rubbish=

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 07:28:44 UTC 2015

On 18/02/2015 5:42 PM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Jan van Bekkum
> <jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com <mailto:jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I vote for the middle option: waste=dump_station. My main reason
>     is that it consistent with the existing system and that there will
>     not be yet another node if more than one type of waste is collected.

A) The present waste= key is meant to be used under either the keys
'amenity=waste_basket' or 'amenity=waste_disposal', not to stand by itself.

B) Dual tags of the one type on one node lead to confusion! For example;

amenity=toilet

fee=$5

fee=$15

Which fee do you pick? Same with

amenity=waste_disposal

waste=paper

waste=dog_excrement

They should be on different nodes to avoid one or more tags being
dropped, or possibly one rendered symbol over writing another?

> Dump stations are often treated as amenities of a rest area or campground.
> They rarely stand alone: they're usually part of something else.
>
> The point of a standalone tag is that it has a clear focus.  If thee's
> a recycling bin next to a dump station,
> that recycling bin can and should be a different node.
>

> The key should probably be sanitary_dump_station or rv_dump_station,
> to avoid ambiguity.

sanitary .. can be taken as a female waste product... avoid in this use.