[Tagging] RFC aerialway=zip line

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Feb 18 12:09:10 UTC 2015

> On Feb 18, 2015, at 5:14 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Am 17.02.2015 um 21:52 schrieb Richard Z. <ricoz.osm at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Deciding between the two would be always arbitrary
>

> I'd not expect practical problems (inside a playground vs not), and distinguishing the two will help when rendering and you wanted different rules according to context

+1

If the zip line endpoints a get a certain rendering at a certain zoom level, having the 10m line in a playground generate aerial way station endpoints in the middle of a playground doesn't sound very beneficial. I know that can be mitigated by min length or something, but ultimately a playground amenity and an a "adventuring" amenity for adults seems like a very different thing - maybe there is a kid and adult version of a zip line - and contained inside a playground (or park?) sounds like a good dividing line.

It may just be the same cable - but the expectation and purpose is a bit different - things a 10 year old operates by themselves next to a swing set and something I wear a Harness and crash helmet for seem different. Keeping playground equipment separate from adventure "rides" or things as long as some cable cars or ski lifts seems appropriate.

Javbw