[Tagging] elsan v dump_station

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Wed Feb 18 21:33:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 12:33 -0800, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> amenity=elsan_point ?
> While it's opaque in the usa, at least it's not ambiguous.
> or
>
> amenity=checmical_toilet_disposal_point.

Bryce, here in Australia, we use a lot of UK terms (and frown on the
horrid American ones creeping into our vocabulary). But no one here uses
Elsan.

There is no wikipedia page (yet!) for Elsan. Appears its a brand name,
I'd prefer not to use a brand name if possible.

This (very long) discussion started with complaints that
waste=chemical_toilet is almost unused. Chemical_toilet_disposal_point
is very long !

David