[Tagging] RFC aerialway=zip line

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Feb 18 21:55:48 UTC 2015

> Btw the playground-type zipwires which I see in nearby parks are around
> 50 meters, are the 10m types predominant in your place?
>
> Richard

Something so "dangerous" in the US for children's playgrounds were removed a long time ago, but in Japan, they still have plenty of giant steel things to play on and, on three occasions, I have found ~ 10m zip line like rides. They are in playgrounds or parks near the slides or jungle gyms.
The last one I found was in a children's play park, with many different kinds of large concrete or steel playground fixtures that US cities would have demanded ripped out for liability reasons a long time ago ><. They have specialty support columns, two wires, with bump guards and and enclosed pulley that rides the wires, and a rope that hands down that you hold onto as it zips down the small incline.

Tsunatorimachi Park
near 1672-34 Tsunatorimachi, Isesaki-shi, Gunma-ken 372-0812
http://goo.gl/maps/rq6e0

It is the tan rectangle at an angle below the round concrete thing in the east side of the park.

Javbw