[Tagging] ?=maze

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Feb 19 02:41:16 UTC 2015

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 10:37 AM, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seeing as a maze is not an "attraction" for me, I would prefer the first option.
>
> Moreover, I would have assumed attraction was a subkey of tourism=attraction but apparently it is not. There are many uses of the term but the tag attraction=* was proposed in 2008 but never voted on or accepted.

Anything that is put on a tourist map is a tourist attraction, and in Japan, gardens, famous trees, and other things are attractions.

I’m surprised attraction=* isn’t defined, as there are so many different kinds of torusit attractions.

I would change the “french garden” tag to “Formal garden” - as a (formal) Japanese garden is very different in style, but very similar in purpose.

As a “ride” attraction, a maze or a Formal garden certainly isn’t one, but it *is* a tourist attraction.

The attraction proposal mixes tourism, ride, and playground kiddie “attractions” - maybe it needs to be split, but the idea is good.

or can the kiddie stuff be merged with the playground attraction stuff discussed? It would be a good place to put that playground zip line under contention in the "RFC aerialway=zip line" thread.

Javbw