[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - parking=storage: additional values for key parking

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 00:05:55 UTC 2015

On 22/02/2015 10:27 AM, John Willis wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 22, 2015, at 3:30 AM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com
> <mailto:john at jfeldredge.com>> wrote:
>
>> If the use of the vehicle storage is limited to certain people, such
>> as residents of a particular neighborhood, use access tags as well.
>> It then becomes the responsibility of the renderer to check these tags.
>>

> Personally, it is confusing as all hell that some businesses that
> offer services for money are amenities and some are shops. I know the
> implication of shop is for sales of goods, but a restaurant sells
> food, and it is an amenity. A bench is also an amenity.
>
> It is so baffling and counterintuitive to me. A shop sells things. A
> business does things. An amenity sits there, waiting for you to use it
> (like a bench), as an amenity *of the place* (a bench in front of the
> restaurant) - but the restaurant is an amenity too? But the bookstore
> isn't? It's shop=* ??
>
> there is no business=* tag like shop=*
>
> And amenity is doing double duty.
>
> I wish that wasn't the case.

Me too. restaurant, fast_food, pub, restaurant, ice_cream*, *beer
garden, cafe and bar for example should be shop= not amenity .. for my
thinking.

shop=storage to me means a shop that sells bags, boxes .. stuff to store
things in ... not the space to store stuff in.

so shop=vehicle_storage would be better if it is to be shop=.

Though amenities don't have to be free e.g. bbq .. some are free, some
have a fee.