[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - parking=storage: additional values for key parking

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:39:11 UTC 2015

> <mailto:johnw at mac.com>>:
>
>     Personally, it is confusing as all hell that some businesses that
>     offer services for money are amenities and some are shops. I know
>     the implication of shop is for sales of goods, but a restaurant
>     sells food, and it is an amenity. A bench is also an amenity.
>

> a restaurant doesn't "sell food" as its main activity, it provides a
> service (cooking and table service, offering nice dishes and ambience,
> etc.).

Using that thinking a butcher does not 'sell food'; it provides a
service of cutting up meat into nice cuts and proportions, packing them
and presenting them in a nice ambience.

A restaurant does sell food ... not always cooked. A restaurant without
food will not have any customers, a restaurant with great food will have
customers. It may use ambience and good service to help sell the food
but the main thing you buy is food .. hopefully great food.