David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 23 21:37:13 UTC 2015

Jan, I am afraid I would have to disagree. Reading your text, the
distinguishing feature seems to be the fee ?  Here in Australia, there
are very many camp sites, often reasonably formal ones that don't charge
a fee.

They typically don't provide a lot of facilities but are very popular
with caravan and the occasional tent camper. A good percentage have
drinking quality water and toilets available.

While many are "in the bush" we do see a number of smaller, remote towns
establish such free camp site to attract visitors who will spend money
in their town.

To tag them as wild_camp would be a misnomer IMHO. They are sometimes
described as "free camps". The word "free" is used as much as in "free
speech" as it is in "free beer".

But I do like the idea of a category of camp site. Makes a lot of sense.
Maybe the solution is to add my category  to your list ?

David