[Tagging] Does oneway:bicycle apply to cycleway=track?

Hubert sg.forum at gmx.de
Wed Feb 25 21:20:26 UTC 2015

Hey Tobias.

The implied problem in your question is how to interpret a (main) tag on an osm_way. Does it only apply to the carriageway/driving lanes or to the whole street which also includes cycleways, sidewalks, etc ? Just consider the width=* or lanes=* tags.

Yet, I wouldn't go so far as to declare it "wrong" tagging, but I personally would not tag oneway:bicycle=no on such streets as describes by you. Instead I would add cycleway:oneway=no to the osm_way and avoid the issue.
(On cycleway=opposite_track I'd use cycleway:oneway=-1)

Just my quick thoughts,
yours
Hubert