[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Temperature=

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 22:36:43 UTC 2015

On 27/02/2015 9:03 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>     The 'adjustable' value has been criticised as having no limits ...
>     the suggestion is to use a sub tag say for example
>     adjustable:range=cold to hot. That would need another proposal.
>

> Pull it all into one coherent proposal, then, for best results.

Then you have to vote once for /against many things .... the more things
the more possibilities of getting one thing objected to by one person,
another  thing by another person and so on.. eventually even the
proposer would vote against it!

The way I see around that is NOT to discuss and vote on everything at
once .. but one thing at a time. I've fallen fowl of this on this
temperature key. I will not do that again.

If you want to "pull it all into one coherent proposal" why then is the
proposal amenity=sanitary dump// station not includeing the sub keys to
identify use for canisters, chemical toilets and raw effluent? As I see
it those can come later.

So ...  my next proposal will be more restrictive and I will exclude the
values of the key .. that way people will vote on the key alone ...
leading to a better chance of reach a consensus and 'passing' the voting
process. The values of the key can then be disscused and voted on
individually. Thus the waste_collection key ... talk on including
recycling in that now may leed to loosing the key. Talk of recyling
later may lead to loosing the recycling section .. but any other values
would remian. Thus we get the real majority result, in as short a period
as possible rather than rejection due to a minority objection to one
thing, another minority objection to something else ... without voting
on one item at a time that can happen.