[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Temperature=

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 05:44:05 UTC 2015

On 26/02/2015 8:33 PM, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
> Hi Warin,
>
> Why rush? I don't think it's a question of how long the discussion
> took. The proposal still has open issues, some of which are even
> mentioned in the proposal page itself. So what are we voting for?

I missed this bit ....

Just to be clear .. the voting is for the key:  temperature=

I take the thing 'we' vote on being the title and tagging descriptions
at the top of the page .. the rest is explanation, argument and possible
future things.

Not to vote the values that might be assigned to it. Those may need
further individual discussion and work. There looks to be broad support
for most of the given values. But I think it is too complex to discuss
them all together. However 'we' are encouraged to be verbose in the
explanation of the thing proposed.

/ASSUME - making an ASS out of U and ME. /

E.G
If the proposal were for "amenity=sanitation_dump_point"

then you would be voting on the value of the key amenity being
"sanitation_dump_point"

If the proposal were for "amenity=" you would be voting for the key "
amenity" ...

At least that is the way I see it.

To say that a proposal for a key must have all its values in place at
the start means any addition would mean a new vote of the entire key
with all the previous values and the new value.. rather pointless. It
also extends the process by allowing discussions on values that may see
little if any use while the key and readily agreed values wait.