[Tagging] Change of rendering: place of worship and, terminal without building tag

johnw johnw at mac.com
Sat Jan 3 23:27:41 UTC 2015

> On Jan 4, 2015, at 1:38 AM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:
>
> The situation in India could mean that a congregation was meeting on that site, and planned to construct a building there, but had not yet done so.

Eventually landuse=religious, unless you are a member of the congregation, and know that is where services are held, and that is the **main use of the use of the land** - the Land Use.

Same edge case stuff from other landuses.  What about the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of places of worship with a distinct, recognizable area around them that is “part of the church grounds”  they’re simple to tag, and easy to understand.

More edge cases that are solved by waiting until things are done:

My company bought some land, put up a tent to sell widgets, and plans to construct a building to sell widgets.  Eventually landuse=retail

My company uses a lot to store metal bars, and plans to build a plant to produce metal bars.   Eventually landuse=industrial

My cousin bought some land, and plans to construct a house.    Eventually  landuse=residential

Javbw