[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Water tap

Kotya Karapetyan kotya.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:13:06 UTC 2015

Dear all,

As of today, a total of 16 votes have been submitted, 11 of them are
approvals. Since 2 weeks have passed and the required number of votes
(15) has been reached, I have closed the voting and will proceed with
clean up.

I appreciate all the discussion and help from your side (it was my
first proposal, so I didn't know exactly how it should be carried
out).

To those who voted against the proposal: Thanks to you too for
consideration. There was a bunch of remarks concerning the clash
between amenity=drinking_water and this proposal. As the discussion in
this list has shown, those who voted in support of this proposal have
been aware of the clash. The reason to introduce the new value was not
to solve all water-related problems but to close the unfortunate gap
provoking incorrect or improvised tagging. No better solution could
have been identified during the extended and long discussion. So
please consider this situation as a compromise.

There was also a remark that the water tags should be reviewed. I
fully support this idea. Let's start at the current Warin's discussion
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2015-January/020941.html.

Cheers,
Kotya