[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Water tap

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 10:16:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Kotya Karapetyan <kotya.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> As of today, a total of 16 votes have been submitted, 11 of them are
> approvals. Since 2 weeks have passed and the required number of votes
> (15) has been reached, I have closed the voting and will proceed with
> clean up.

Sorry but you could extend the period of feedbacks. 7 of the 11
positive "votes" came before the 13th january when I posted my
comments about the possible issues (and the discussion forwarded here
which probably drew more attention to more people). After this date
the trend was much more balanced. You say you are aware of the clash
with amenity=drinking_water but you don't explain how you will avoid
this in your cleanup. You also agree that we need a rework but your
proposal is just increasing the difficulties than solving them in the
future. Now, for a water tap in the public space, it will be tagged
with "amenity=drinking_water". And for the same water tap inside or
near a cemetery, it will be tagged with "man_made=water_tap". How can
we explain that to newcomers ? why "amenity" in one case and
"man_made" on the other ? what is implied about potability ? etc

Pieren