[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - addrN:*

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Jan 15 23:46:17 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at> wrote:

> This exact approach is new to me. We can discuss its pros and cons, but I
> think the main message is that multiple addresses are mapped differently
> all
> over the world. Every country has its local OSM community which concoct
> their own tagging rules. The result is database full of tags that are
> understood by the local mappers, maybe by local applications too, but not
> by
> mappers or applications from other countries. We really need some unifying
> tagging scheme suitable for all kinds of addresses worldwide.

Address schemes that users can easily understand. If AddrN is approved, the
address wiki page needs to be updated to clearly show the difference
between multiple addresses in a building with multiple entrances and a
building with multiple addresses for the same entrance. (If I understand
the proposal correctly.) Possibly add something like "rarely used."

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us