[Tagging] Tagging road illumination quality

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:21:38 UTC 2015

Streetlamp mapping does not help.
All our city cycleways are within the lighting radius of street lamps, but

   - they are often interspersed with street-linign trees.
   - lamps may be on the opposite side of the street than the cyclepath
   - street lamps have illumination bodies pointing at strange angles
   - some street lamps are not strong enough
   - cycle ways are separated from streets by guard rails that throw a dark
   shadow excactly on the cycle way (in more than one place)  This is
   admittedly the most bizarre of the problems

So if I go ahead with a smoothness-like approach, is it better to use

lit=no|yes|poor|sufficient|good
or
lit=yes
lit:level=poor|sufficient|good