[Tagging] Wiki Edit War on using/avoiding semicolon lists

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:15:00 UTC 2015

This is what I used when I was integrating bus stops:

route_ref="(^|.+;)26(;.+|$)" inview odbl=new

26 is the line for which I wanted to find stops (among 40000). JOSM
supports regex searches, tick that box.
The odbl tag is only used because it will be discarded automatically before
uploading the data. Of course I have a MapCSS style which shows me the
stops still having such a tag in a different way, so I could keep track of
my progress.

So not, it's not terribly hard to work with semi-colon separated lists.

Cheers,

Jo