[Tagging] Wiki Edit War on using/avoiding semicolon lists

Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 12:29:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Никита <acroq3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agree, there no regexes at first. But is it possible to query this tagging
> scheme? Lets say you have
> color[1]=purple
> color[2]=orange
> color[3]=green
>
> How do you query for green in overpass? In JOSM?

What he said:

=====
I also think tools can deal with semicolon-delimited lists just by
internally converting:

key=value1;value2

to a temporary array:

key[1]=value1
key[2]=value2
=====

So the data in OSM is still "color=purple;orange;green" but
represented to the end user as a color[] array.

If the client implements a semicolon to array converter then probably
it will also have some way to query it without using a regex
(something like python's "in")