[Tagging] Feature proposal - Voting - Wedding Reception

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:27:35 UTC 2015

> Voting for this 'property' is now open.
>
> Wedding Reception Definition: A place where a social event is held after
> the completion of a wedding ceremony.
>
> Note that it is a 'property' rather than a key:value (what I call a sub
> tag). It may be applied to any key:value examples;
>
> building=yes
> wedding_reception=yes
>
> leisure=park
> wedding_reception=yes

Are wedding receptions special with regard to other private celebrations
like birthdays, baptisms, anniversaries, presentations? What is the
criterion for wedding_reception=yes (i.e. is it sufficient that there once
was a wedding reception, or do they have to occur frequently?).
In general I believe something more generic like event_space (or maybe a
little more specific) would be better, because wedding reception places (at
least the ones I am aware of) typically also can be used for other kind of
celebrations.

Cheers,
Martin