[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Grave

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 09:29:08 UTC 2015

> sent from a phone
>
> Am 10.07.2015 um 09:49 schrieb Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at>:
>
>>> are you aware of the key tomb?
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/tombs
>> This is just a draft. It should be marked as abandoned, as you have not made
>> an RFC for 4 years.
>

> no, you are misguided, the documentation might be at draft level, but the tag is well established (3178 times used in this moment).

The OSM 'status' is applied to the documentation of tags.

Tags have no 'status' value within OSM. The number of times a tag is used is not a good guide to the usefullness of the tag nor the world wide population of the feature.

My thoughts ...
There would be many many more tombs in the world than the mear 3,178 tags in OSM.
There are about graves 1,000,000 in one local cemeterynear me. And some of those would be tombs.
However unlike highways .. not all tombs nor graves may be worth mapping?
I think it is not 'well established' but at a simple 'experimental' level.

4 years... as a proposal looks like a long time. But there has been activity over the time .. last in October 2014... so still under 'development'.
I think that it is at a 'draft' status still ... but active ... just.
I note that the photo for tomb=war_grave shows graves not tomb/s.