[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - reception_point

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Jul 11 06:32:10 UTC 2015

On 24.06.2015 10:56, Warin wrote
> There were a significant number against 'desk' (4 voice concerns
> over 'desk').

My impression was that people didn't object the word 'desk' so much
(although some did), but instead the concept of mapping _only_ the desk.

As far as I am concerned, drawing an area around the entire area of
the reception facility would be the best solution. With a reception
booth on a campground, this would be the entire booth. With an
reception office, this would be the entire office. With a reception
desk in a multi-use room, this could be the desk itself plus the
receptionists' area behind it.

The current proposals, which throw out area mapping entirely and
instead mention some unspecified relation, seem a step backwards to me.