[Tagging] symmetrical guardrails

John Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sun Jul 12 03:49:59 UTC 2015

That seems reasonable. I was responding to the idea, stated in the original
definition, that the right side of a guardrail would always be the inner
side of the guardrail, and the left side would always be outside. In
practice, guard rails can be present on either, or both, sides of a
roadway, particularly if it is on a raised embankment.  The side towards
the traffic will be the inner side. As you said, a guardrail dividing two
ways may have two "inner" sides if the supports are shared.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.