[Tagging] service=rural (Was Rural Alley?)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 13:56:14 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 12.07.2015 um 02:07 schrieb johnw <johnw at mac.com>:
>
> Imagine you live on a farm and you’ve never seen a a big city's alley - how would you explain why there is a narrow road next to the main road?

my guess is that the reason for these roads is agricultural traffic (slow) that would otherwise annoy faster traffic on the main road.

> the main road is “too busy?” do they really need to make the road so narrow it is not useful for much else than local access?

maybe the adjacent lots/properties didn't leave more space for a bigger road (and in ancient times from where these roads date, they didn't need broader roads)?

cheers
Martin