[Tagging] service=rural (Was Rural Alley?)

John Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Jul 13 01:53:09 UTC 2015

In Japan and Korea, do you tend to have isolated farmhouses, each on its
own farm (the most common pattern in the USA), or do the farmers tend to
settle in villages, from which they travel out to their farms (the
traditional European format)?  Another pattern in the US, among small
communities that have grown up since the invention of automobiles, is
settlements strung out along a highway, several miles long, but
one-dimensional, with farmland behind both rows of houses. These patterns
make the residential-vs.-tertiary-vs.-service roads a bit ambiguous.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.