[Tagging] Highway proposed/planned distinction

jonathan at bigfatfrog67.me jonathan at bigfatfrog67.me
Tue Jul 14 18:57:30 UTC 2015

Linguistically I would say proposed comes before planned.  Planning your wedding is not the same as proposing marriage!

Personally I don't think we should routinely display proposed routes, because they may never come to reality, but planned routes are ones that have passed the usual planning discussions and are awaiting construction, which can sometimes be many months or years, but will happen, short of a political change of heart.

Jonathan
http://bigfatfrog67.me