[Tagging] highway=crossing/crossing=traffic_signals

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Jul 14 23:03:19 UTC 2015

Hi

The predefined options for a pedestrian road crossing that shares it's
location with a set of traffic lights in P2, ID & JOSM is
highway=crossing & crossing=traffic_signals:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1353800523

And yet it doesn't render in mapnik. Is this intentional or an
oversight? If highway is changed to traffic_signals it renders but ruins
the concept of sub-tag keys relating to their parent's value.

It's not like it's a rare occurrence:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/highway=crossing#combinations

I think this should be included in a future update of mapnik carto's. I
suggest a traffic light icon with a different colour icon. I note the
default French render with 'zebra' lines but that doesn't indicate any
lights are used.

Cheers
Dave F.

---