[Tagging] Highway proposed/planned distinction

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Jul 16 10:17:08 UTC 2015

Ran into this issue today.  They are constructing a new trunk road in an area I’m mapping, an as is usual for Japan, they build the road in stages, completing one stage before they go to the next. I know, down to about 20m, the alignment of the sections to be built - so do I mark the whole road as construction=, or do I leave the section which hasn’t had the ground broken yet as “planned”?  even though the road as a whole is under construction and will be built?

Section under construction  (official Govt docs)
http://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/kitachi-do/documents/panf-3.pdf <http://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/kitachi-do/documents/panf-3.pdf>

http://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/kitachi-do/documents/panf-4.pdf <http://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/kitachi-do/documents/panf-4.pdf>
Half under construction, Right half not started yet.

Javbw