[Tagging] Local highways classifications

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Fri Jul 17 08:34:21 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Richard Mann <
richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com> wrote:

> For those interested, the issue appears to be that the Poles can have
> multiple routes on one road section (fine, just like the Americans, use
> relations), but also the same route number can get used on a series of
> roads of different classification. So route 2 goes from Germany to Warsaw
> as a motorway, then becomes a trunk, then a primary.

Relations should be a worldwide thing anyway.  Even in Europe, you have the
E roads and the I roads, IIRC.  Heck, even in Arizona which *never* has
signed multiplexes, relations still add value and reduce maintenance
pains.  It would also resolve issues in Oregon, which has state highways
and state routes with different numbers, with the highway being a property
of the way, and the route being a route that may cross more than one
highway or have a completely different number.